Saturday, October 13, 2007

Playing the field

The good thing about friday nights in NYC is that you go out without plans but at the end of the night (or the early morning), you've gone the length and breadth of the city. Yes, that was precisely me last night. I'm so used to not making plans in advance since I'm so used to going with the flow and its so much more fun that way when the nights brings unexpected things. So it's almost 5.00pm on friday, and I realized that for the past couple of weekends, I haven't been out. So I pick up the phone, make two phone calls to two very dependable friends who'd always light up the night no matter how dark/late it is..lol..yea, they are both very crazy friends. With a couple of friends from work, we decided to head down to a place called "Players" in Korea town in nyc. It's so suprising how you get to 32nd str/Broadway and all you have is Koreans, and then you get to the other side and it becomes a mixed population. Man, Players lounge was awesome, definitely a place to check out. We got a few drinks, had some spicy octopus noodles..lol..the octopus no big like the one for tv... From there, we moved to down to play some pool at this place called players II. It's one of those places thats too cool that it seems really sketchy. All pool tables, and no alcohol....who does that in nyc....and how much do they make from just pools to pay the rent..there has to be some thing under the tables, but I was content with playing pool and getting out of there; and after spending some time there, it was time to finally begin the night...it was midnight.

From there, we moved down to a hotel in one of nyc's choicest areas (Chelsea) where one of our friends works at and where they have a really nice bar/nite club. It feels so good to be connected..lol..because while the mortals were in a long line trying to get into the club..we were ushered in immediately like superstars into the club...lol...boy, did that feel good. Now I know how Paris Hilton and the rest of them feel like...seems I'm going to quit my job and go into something more exciting..lol..just kidding. So we get in to the club and the entire place is filled with half naked women and drunken men try to grope them..geez, I sure was in the right place, time to put on my tiger skin...and roar...lol.

I couldn't help imagining how the scantily clad girls in that club got there inspite of how cold it was outside, but when I pointed that out to my friend..he looked at me, and asked me if I was complaining about that..ummh, well, I shouldn't be...lol. So we get a couple of drinks (on the house of course) and then it was time to roll. With so many women to choose from, it was difficult (atleast for me), to make a choice. I didn't want to settle for any 6/10, it had to be atleast 9/10; and no matter which, it had to be done stealthly....so finally we start with some cute asian girls that seemed to need some warmth...lol...considering how cold it might get on their way home. I have long discovered that in a place like a club where it's so noisy, there's absolutely no need bothering to make conversations, unlike my friend who tried to do that and lost his voice by the time we left the club...lol. All I asked was her name and what does she do...and I must confess that I wasn't even interested in her answers cos my ear drums were already bursting...all I wanted was to dance, etc (PG rated).

It still feels weird to me how you start dancing with a girl in frat parties, clubs, etc, and the next minute you are doing things that would make the show be classified as PG rated..lol..so I danced with her for aboout 30 mins, and after doing....sorry, dancing, as much as I wanted to...lol..it was time to move on ; so I feigned being tired and left her. I moved to a different side, and from there, I observed my next point..lol..sounds like an eagle observing its prey...or more like a tiger crouching before attacking its prey. I sighted a black cute chick, and decided that was my next dance partner, moved close to her, and I was in. Started dancing..and all...and I couldn't help smiling remembering why I'm called the "Crazy nigerian", or "god" by others....lol..thats a different story since I don't want to digress.

So I'm dancing with this girl for 30 mins and doing all the crazy steps that I'm known for, etc, without having spoken a word..lol..was that crazy. After 45 mins. because she could dance really well, and I was sort of feeling her as well , I decided to ask her name. "Kofo's my name", Kofe ke, I screamed..man, that calls for more investigation...I decided to break my first law of not making too many conversations, so I took her to a less noisy section for a little UN security council meeting..lol..the meeting was very positive, unlike the russian/american meeting...so lets see, lol.

After dancing a bit more with her and a few others, it was time to leave. Then suddenly I noticed that one of my friends was about to get into a fracas with some other guys...i rushed down there to give him cover fire..lol..and, what was it about..some disputed territorial interference...I no fit shout o. I remembered a friend that was shot In texas, and as we no get power for that kain thing, na im I try cool everything down, but apparently one of my friends that we left behind at the club had some problems with them again after we left, and he said they had a rod in thier ass..wtf...if dem break my head for there, wetin dem go tell my papa and mama..lol..abeg o.

By the time we left the club, it was 4;45am, and I knew I had to get home before sunrise..the sun must not rise while I'm still awake else I'm completely fucked...so I rushed down to the train station with other friends...get on the train..switch trains..fall asleep on the train..lol..that was really hilarious, and woke up just before the last stop for the train.... when I opened my eyes, all the people in train were all gone and it was just a few people left, but I was consoled to find out there ware others who had fallen asleep and must have missed their stop as well and were still sleeping soundly when I left the train..lol..Fortunately, I got a train to take me back and this time I stayed awake the entire time. Got home at 6:10 am, and hit the bed immediately. I woke up at 3:30pm...lol...what a night !! But it was good..exciting...and another night awaits..tonight.

4 comments:

Jamilah said...

lol.. 1st time here..lemme go read previous posts...
u sure had fun..lol asian gurls r hawt no?

Ozymandias said...

lol..oh yea bibi...I agree on that..but...wait a minute....not all of them..lol!!

cally-waffybabe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cally-waffybabe said...

Shoo so after all the UN meeting et al, you go seperate fight no come score action again. Look as you come miss the babe finish come sleep again for train pass ya stop finish! Wake up dude!!! lol.
It's 3.15am here in London. Make i go sleep. I must come back to stalk this interesting blog.

See ya!!!