Saturday, August 4, 2007

First day at work

As a follow up to my post on the Nigerian police, there's an article in "The News" news paper of yesterday on the Nigerian police abandoning their duties of combatting crime, and rather going in pursuit of sex workers and scantily clad women and men. Click here to go to the site, though I don't know how long the article will be up on the site. I also took this picture from that site hoping to determine which of these women were indecently clad. Please help me identify which os them were indecently dressed, although the police claims they are sex workers !!



And to think that it was the police boss himself that paraded these women to the press, apparently forgetting that his men and innocent people are dying on the streets. Misplaced priorities !! What a shame !!
Anyway, back to my first day at work. ..I could barely sleep the night before inspite of going to bed late, because I didn't want to have the unfortunate luck of waking up late on my first day...lol.....this is inspite of the fact that I set two alarm clocks, you know incase one fails, the other would work..haahah....lol..I was so paronoid !!!
I woke up a countless times in the night and finally, I couldn't take it anymore, I woke up an hour before time...lol.... I got to the office an hour ahead of time !!!..lol... well better too early than late...especially on your first day !!! You'll forever be known for it.
Then began the orientation, introductions, etc. talking about Medical, dental, permanent disability, partial disability, life insurance etc. I think I should talk about the partial disability thing. I didn't know that how much you received in compensation for a disability was determined on what body part(s) you lost - both hands, both legs, one hand and one leg, two hands and one leg, loss of sight, etc - and the more you lost, the more money you got. ..It was really surprising to me, since you have to lose quite a lot of your body parts to get quite a lot of money as well...ummh, would anyone be willing to lose both hands for a million dollars, or lose their sight for the same amount of money....lol..for me, no way, Thank you!!! I was going to ask the woman explaining all these things to us...What happens, if you lose both hands and both legs, Do you get the total sum for each individual part you lose?...lol....that was have been really gross and shocking...and would probably have startled her and everyone else in the room..hahahahah...but I didn't....how my head works sometimes..crazy !!!
Anyway, now I also understand why a man/woman would kill their partner ( partner since same sex couples are also covered) in order to get the money from their life insurance which could really be a lot....Now I feel that my life is more valuable, ummh, did that come out right? well, financially......I no say make person come find me o, na my benefactor go get the money o...lol.....You can imagine a group of young people listening to all these things on disability, death, etc on a Monday morning.....lol.....it was really quite amusing and electrifying...I couldn't help laughing silently...In order to keep my self awake throughout , I looked at everybodys face to determine what their reactions were....lol....and I swear, I could see deep fear in faces....lol...yea, I began to think of death too...scary !!! It was quite an introduction.
I remembered an inside joke with my brothers.... aunt of mine in Nigeria who was labelled "Maria, messenger of death" by my brothers..lol....quite mean....You see, when I was in Nigeria, when some one dies in the village, Maria was, unfortunately, always resposible for bringing such news to my parents and each time she came to our house, my brothers would wait around just to hear what she had to say before returning to what they were busy with....lol...and they finally determined that her looks could always tell if it was just a plain visit or a death news...lol...If only she knew.
Alright, this is getting quite long, so I'd continue some other time, but my first day went really well, and i survived...lol...and I also found out that I don't need to wear a tie every day..yay..., unless I have a meeting or something.....yay !!...I'm happy for that...lol..and relieved.; all I need are business casuals.
Peace out folks !!

3 comments:

Rinsola said...

u asked for it, so now u have it, stop by for ur blog-vite!

Anonymous said...

buy valium online without prescription effects valium unborn fetus - buy valium 90 pills

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol ultram tramadol overnight shipping - can you buy tramadol online legally