Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Ozymandias - the poem - and me.

I met a traveler from an antique land
Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them, and the heart that fed;
And on the pedestal these words appear:
“My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look upon my works, ye Mighty, and despair!”
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.


by Percy Bysshe Shelley

You've been gone for only hours
Yet it feels like years
I lie down here
Staring into blank space
Watching the rays of the sun fade into lonely space
Wondering when you'll walk back into this room
this room which has become so empty
so lonely that it hurts
so quiet that I can hear my heart beating
it wants to hear your voice
it wants to hear you breathe
it wants to come alive
it needs you
its asking you to come back
and never leave it again
this room which is my heart
this heart which longs so much for you
it belongs to you
pick up the phone and call..


by Ozymandias (Moi..trying to revive my poetry skills)

10 comments:

Unknown said...

ehen. very interesting. so nigerians can be romantic too. did you try the cinnamon mocha?

anonymous gal(retired blogger) said...

Abeg i hate poems i dont understand them. dont do it ozy u would lose all sense of belonging...i think.

little miss me said...

i hope she calls..i liked your poem:)

cally-waffybabe said...

Just to wish you a lovely xmas and new year in advance dude. I hope you have a swell time and may all your dreams be fulfilled.

Hugs
xxx

Ozymandias said...

@omo-obanta:oh yea, I guess there's still a few left. I haven't tried the cinnamon mocha yet, but will surely do
@Anonymous gal:I'll try not to go too deep into it...I don't wanna lose even any sense of belonging
@little miss me: hmm, no calls yet..I'm getting worried..perhaps my poetry skills wasn't impressive enough
@CWB:Thanks for stopping by, and a merry xmas and a fruitful year ahead as well. Cheers !

Nneka's World said...

Nice
I like the second poem..
Brings back memories. Hope she calls
Happy holidays....
Hope she calls....

Eb the Celeb said...

your poem is beautiful... and even more endearing coming from a man... we as women sit by that phone alot and its refreshing to know a man can admit that he sometimes is waiting as well...

Chris Ogunlowo said...

Beautiful Poem... Enjoyable.

She might just be w8ting for you to call!

LOL.

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

that was a nice one. Which reminds me, I need to go check out Oracle's blog....

ah ah, omo-obonta, of course Nija folks are romantic nah. Haven't you listened to Yoruba guys singing for women about the moon and the stars and all tings in between... lol!

Ozymandias said...

Thanks all for stopping by...and although I hate to disappoint you..I wasn't really expecting any call, but was just writing..