Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Its spring again..

Hi Folks...its spring again, and everyone is so excited..and I am too. Well, depending on what part of the world you're reading this post from, you would or would not understand the excitement for spring. Let me begin from the Genesis...when I "landed" in the USA as a JJC (new comer), I was fortunate to arrive in the summer, and the first thing I saw was girls in very very very ...yes, its that intense..shorts and skirts...i shouted chineke (God), wetin be dis (What is this) ? You can imagine my surprise when after living in Lagos and going to college in Nigeria, I thought I'd seen it all...but, how wrong I was. This was a completely different experience, but then I thought, well it would be exciting. Honestly, i can't describe my shocker to see these girls in extremely skimpy shorts and even shorter tops..it was ridiculous, these clothes could barely cover anything...lol...I remember an incident that occurred when I was in college in UNIBEN in Nigeria,...my very close friend,J , had gone to school in a modest (atleast it is by my present standards) tank top. The professor politely called her out side and asked her "When you went to buy the material for this cloth, was the material exhausted that you couldn't get enough, or was the tailor trying to manage the material"...hahahah...it was so hilarious, and to think that he even said the top must have been sewn by a tailor....i guess he couldn't fathom why a girl would be dressed that way....well, all I can say is that he needs to visit me here. Each morning, before I go to school, I have to offer special prayers not to fall into sins through what I see...its ridiculous, and with spring its back again.

Everyone is so excited that finally we can see the sun again and experience some warmth, which where I come from is an everyday affair, and they have started again ! All the short and skimpy skirts and tops are back...I hope I can survive it again. Wonder shall never end....it is in this same America that I have seen women drinking and getting drunk or wasted like they call it...yes ,they really get wasted...I once found a drunk girl of abou 20 lying postrate at my door step, and when I got back home and opening my door, she got up and was prompting me to open the door fast so she could go in. I was really perplexed initially, but men, as a sharp Niger guy, I had to think..what if this girl comes in and things get out of hand..she might accuse me of something I didn't know..and before you would say Jack Robinson, I would be at the airport in Nigeria...I said..no...Devil, go to my back...and of course, your sincerely prevented an accident and sent her out of the apartment block. Anyway, lets see how the days go, since with spring again, the season is back again....and its that time of the year that a lot of guys wish for....and this weekend is house party. For those of you that dont know what it is, here in my school , its a weekend when everyone ( well, most) get drunk, have random sex and do anything that they've imagined doing..well, this weekend i would be "investigating",....yes, i need to, but of course I'm not planning to do anything..but you can be sure I would report back with my results. Peace out!

1 comment:

Chxta said...

You think the Amis know how to get drunk? You need to see the Brits. It is terrible. For them being drunk is like a badge of honour.